Opting for private surgery allows you to choose Mr Corless as your consultant. Private medical insurance is not essential and the South Cheshire Private Hospital offers competitive fixed fee surgery schemes. Mr Corless is well recognised amongst wider patient groups for his expertise in cancer surgery. He has frequently spoken at patient group meetings.
Patients usually need a referral from their GP. You may, of course, request your GP to refer you to an appropriate specialist of your choice.
Likewise, many referrals to for private care are not to a named consultant and you may then also choose a specialist of your choice.
Patients are seen in the consulting rooms of the South Cheshire Private Hospital. The main clinic time is Monday afternoon or early evening. Other appointment times can be arranged.
Investigations can be arranged, including CT scan and MRI scans, utilising the state of the art new scanners at the adjoining Mid Cheshire NHS Foundation Trust.
Any surgery is arranged at the South Cheshire Private Hospital (SCPH), where there are modern, state of the art, fully equipped operating theatres. Patients have their own private room facilities, where they are cared for in comfort. Anaesthesia is given via the South Cheshire Anaesthetic Group, all NHS consultants.
Any requirement for high dependency or intensive care is uniquely offered by a fully staffed and equipped NHS ITU in the adjoining Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
Any problems post surgery will be dealt with promptly. There is resident medical officer available 24/7 at the private hospital. Any concerns after going home can also be dealt with by calling the hospital who will contact Mr Corless, if needed, or an appropriate consultant if he is not available.
Paying For Treatment
First consultation £190. Thereafter, all treatments are charged at the standard Bupa rates.
Private Health Insurance may cover most or all of your treatment but it is advisable to check with your provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I discuss my problem directly with the consultant on the phone?
- Due to the potential complexity of many conditions and the need for examination a telephone consultation is not advisable.
- Can I ask a confidential question by email?
- All messages we receive via our web contact form will be regarded as confidential and will only be accessed by Mr Corless, his PA, or a member of his professional team. However, as a general rule, email is not a secure medium and we would advise against sending any detailed personal medical information in this way.
- How long will it take from my enquiry to be seen by Mr Corless?
- Usually within 48 hours.
- Do I need private insurance to be seen by Mr Corless?
- No, you can pay yourself or through an existing insurance scheme or you can pay under the BMI fixed price scheme.